CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Forgiveness

Don’t ya just love yard sales? Well, maybe you don’t, but I do! My mom does as well! Must be where my obsession comes from! Well, my mom came to visit a couple of weeks ago, she brought me a book that she had bought me at a yard sale…nice segue huh! I love to read Christian fiction novels. Francine Rivers is my favorite! This particular book was written by Karen Kingsbury… “Waiting for Morning”. It is a story of forgiveness. It is centered around a lady named Hannah Ryan who’s husband and two daughters were returning from an end of summer camping trip when they are struck by a drunk driver, killing the husband and oldest daughter. It is Hannah’s journey to forgiveness…it is absolutely beautiful! Come to find out this book is first in a series (Forever Faithful Series) of three, I have already visited my local public library and have book #2.

Back to forgiveness…. As a believer, our foundation begins with FORGIVENESS! It is a precious “gesture”, for lack of a better term. True forgiveness is not deserved, it is a gift! As I read the story of “Hannah Ryan” this fictional character I saw “first hand” how deathly the lack of forgiveness can be! Even though it is wonderful to be forgiven, no one wants to be on the “bad/out list”, being able to forgive, when you know that you were truly done wrong…is life changing! True forgiveness is hard, and really it has NOTHING to do with the other person! It has EVERYTHING to do with us…the individual forgiving!

I am not one of those people who thinks just because I like it ….you must like it as well. In fact, I like you being different from me, seeing things in another light and having conversations concerning our unique differences…I said all of that to say….I encourage you to read this book. I was not able to put it down, and I am finding the second one to be just as captivating!

I haven’t faced a heart ache like that of “Hannah Ryan” but I have harbored unforgiveness in my life, and have always felt an indescribable peace when I FORGAVE! Like I said before it is a gift that we give ourselves. Colossians 3:13

1 comments:

Daisy said...

I have a book that I keep intending to read called, "The Art of Forgiveness" by the Dalai Lama. I've found it easy to forgive those who have hurt me. I find it more difficult to forgive those who have hurt those I love. But the most difficult thing is for me to forgive myself. Maybe I'll read your book along with mine and figure out some way to make all 3 versions of forgiveness a little more possible.